Friday, June 1, 2012

30 Days of Flowers - Day 1 - Paper Roses


Day One:

I can't believe they're not roses.
( For June I am going to attempt 30 days of flowers. I hope you will join me.)

These are amazing. They seem so real and are so versatile. I found the instructions for these beautiful flowers  at  http://www.ellinee.com/blog/paper-rose-bouquet/. This site is incredible and you must stop by to see all that she has to offer. What an amazing designer she is and how gracious to share her secrets. 
  
As you can tell by the pictures above I made a few of these but I wanted greener leaves and more color variety. Instead of buying different colored paper, which gets expensive fast, I had quite a few cans of spray paint that my husband and mother-in-law (enablers to my crafting habit) have given me over the past year or so. I thought I would experiment and here is what I came up with. My mind is full of the possibilities with these. I am sure these will reappear in many upcoming crafts projects soon.
 


There are so many ways to create flower. I have seen paper, plastic, cloth and aluminum. I will be featuring some of these in the days to come and attempting many of them as well.
If you would like to guest blog on crafted flowers for one of the 30 days of Flowers in June, please contact me. ( I initially titled this 31 days of flowers. Phew...now I only need to come up with 30...oops )
Please leave your comments below and don’t forget to follow our blog.

3 comments:

  1. I love these:) Looking forward to watching you during June to see the different flowers. Just popping over from Here comes the Sun to check this out:) I would love for you to share this at Freedom Fridays. So hoping to see you there!
    PS Am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I just realized I titled my post 31 days of flowers. It is June isn't it? Lol...

    I am headed on over to your site now.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny. It's OK ,I always love to have an extra day:) Lol! Thank you for sharing this at Freedom Fridays. I will be checking back to see all the beautiful flowers. Have am amazing week!

    ReplyDelete