Saturday, June 16, 2012

30 Days of Flowers - Day 16 - 5 Minute Thrift Store Makeovers


5 Minute Thrift Store Fun

 


Goodwill had their 50% off sale today and I just could not resist. Of course, I had my 4 year old and my 12 year old with me. Most of the $16.00 I had to spend went to him, but I still found some fun crafty stuff. Keeping with the theme of Flowers, I bought up some old silk flowers and what looked like an unused sunflower swag. I had also purchased a few old embroidery hoops a couple of months back for $.50, so now was the perfect opportunity to use one of them.



Cost: $1.75
Cost $.50




I simply took the swag and wrapped it around the embroidery hoop. Then hung it on the wall. I could have added a bow or some other embellishments, but it looks nice natural, I think .





*******************************************************************************************************************


With the other mauve/pink colored flowers I took them apart, spread them out a bit and applied them to an old peanut can. This would be pretty in your craft room for paintbrushes or on your vanity for makeup brushes.








That is it. These really only took 5 minutes. Keep your eyes open when visiting thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets. Even if you don't have an exact project in mind, it is a good idea to buy little bits and pieces. You never know when they might come in handy.

Have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment