Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Newspaper Wreath


I realized that we barely have any Thanksgiving Décor and figured we needed a wreath, doesn’t everyone?  I have been collecting newspapers for a while and went to work. Here is what I ended up with. I did learn a few things while doing these and am working on a couple more at the moment.

Eventually, I will find the perfect process, but if you have made these in the past and have any pointers please send them my way! Here is a TUTORIAL if you want to try this.



Tips:

·         Make sure you glue or tape each strip when you apply it.

·         Do not use glossy spray paint

·         Shake your wreath as you paint it

·        Be patient and spray from a distance swiping the can back and forth or in a circular motion being careful not to concentrate on one location for very long or the papers will stick together.



Most of all have fun!! Please let me know you stopped by. We all love comments!!

2 comments:

  1. Kathi, these turned out great! Honestly, I feel kinda silly that it had never crossed my mind to use paper! I really like the blue one...it looks like our Kentucky blue. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW these are beautiful!!! Thank you so much for the sweet comment that you left on my blog! I love love love your blog and I am now your newest follower, I hope you will follow me too :) I look forward to reading your future blog posts!

    http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete