Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Plarn - I love this stuff - Recyled Plastic Bags





I have so many plastic bags. The harder I try to get away from using them, the more they seem to appear. So, I was determined to put them to better use. In the past I have made flowers from the bags, but I have been wanting to try plarn for a really long time. I like to crochet, I am not great at it, but once I start it is fun to see what I end up with.

There are a lot of great videos on youtube showing you  how to make plarn in one long strip. I didn't want to have to try and connect a million pieces so this was a much nicer way to crochet. I have no idea what possessed me to make a pair of slippers out of this stuff, but actually they are quite comfortable. I wouldn't suggest wearing them in the water, because even though they float, when they are submerged they hold water. 

Plarn seems to work with just about any crochet pattern out there. If you look closely you can see the small white flower in front of the purse. I made that with tightly twisted plarn and a very small crochet hook.

If you have any ideas or comments I would love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment